Monday, August 1, 2011

Prauge


I pulled into the Czech Republic later then expected. We finally arrived in Prague about 8 in the evening. After getting settled in, my friend Tomas showed me around the city. I also had a fact that I was unsure of presented to me, the Czech Republic still has their own currency. 1 Euro is equal to 25 Czech Krown. I had a bit of sticker shock seeing Starbucks coffee for 125. That said, everything was very inexpensive after getting over the conversion. Seeing the city at night was beautiful. Prague Castle and the Charles Bridge are light gloriously and appear to be almost magical in the dark of night. I will say, although the sights are impressive, I don’t feel that the sunlight does the castle proper justice. Exploring the city was a lot of fun. Tomas’ girlfriend Margaret cooked some traditional Czech dishes for me to sample. One such dish, roasted duck and dumplings in a thickened vegetable puree, was rather delicious, called svíčková. After a few days of hanging out and exploring the city, I packed up and headed down to the train station for a night train into Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment