Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Paris


So, I am going to post a bunch of stuff at once. I have been slacking on posting, but I have been writing. So here goes.

Paris was great for the most part. Host for the first night met me at the main station and gave me a tour of the city via his moped, pointing out sights and asking if I had heard of things. Of course I was about to point out the louvre and efile tower and the arch of triumph. After getting rid of my luggage we went exploring again and went to a little part of Paris I don't remember the name of. It was a separate village until it was annexed into Paris 150 something years ago. A church at the top of the hill results in a view of all of Paris. We then went to a small market and picked up a panini for dinner and went and enjoyed this under the efile tower at night, staying long enough to watch the light show. The next day I explored Paris solo. Spent 5 wonderful hours in the Louvre. July 3 I went to Caen for a day trip. Explored the little city and enjoyed a French market. The Normandy memorial museum was cool. While I didn't pay for museum admission I did visit the American memorial dedicated to our soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice on the beaches and elsewhere to stop the evils of Hitler during WWII.
The Following day I hung out with my friend Jesse whom I had met in Paris. We explored some more sites an ended up spending the evening on an adventure to walk to the train station as I had to leave very very early.

No comments:

Post a Comment